LENSA dan dOt Dot doT

Lensa adalah jiwa ku......

Jun 22, 2007

Tang See Wei

Posted by christina

Assignment 1:

My performance in:
Reading:
I enjoy reading but just for some simple words story books like “Princess Diana”. This story book is very interesting and I almost can understand what the story is telling about. This is because the words that it use is very easy and simple. On the other hand, I meet a big problem in the article and newspaper reading part. I can not understand some words especially for the words that have many meaning. Sometime I need to read the whole statement so that I can guess what meaning does it stand for? Beside that, I also need to find the words that I don’t understand from dictionary. This can burden my reading.
Writing:
I feel headache in my writing part. But luckily, this part is not coming out for this time exam. In writing part, I just can write a very simple sentences. This is because my vocabulary and grammar are very poor. This make me feel difficult. It make me hard to write a good essay. To import my vocabulary and grammar, I need to read a lot of English material and listen to a English songs and English news. I also have to memorize some good essay to improve my writing part.
Listening:
I can listening and understand well when someone speak slowly. But I cant listening well when they speak quickly and use a difficult words that I don’t understand. So sometime I can’t communicate well with other people. Moreover, I also got a problem in listening English new and English programmed from media like television, radio, newspaper, magazines, article and so on. That why, I need a help of tape script to understand it.
Speaking:
I think I have little improve in my public speaking. Before this foundation English class start, I rarely speak in English even in English class at secondary school. This time, I try to communicate with people in English even with my broken English. I try to speak out so that I can learn from my mistake.
Vocabulary:
Actually, I just know some simple and easy words. I improve my vocabulary through my school text books. I know about some words that are usually use in my text books. Sometime, I know about the words but I don’t understand their meaning especially when the words got many meaning in one word. I only know the simple meaning that I usually use it. Apart from that, I need to find the words that I don’t understand from dictionary and memorize its.
Making Presentations:
I not good in my English subject. This can make me got a lot of problem when I need to make a presentations by using the English. Beside that, I also lost my confidence to make presentations in English. I cannot speak well and use the nice sentences. During presentation period in university, I seldom give my opinion.
Participating in discussion:
Actually, I am a passive person. I not active to participate in the discussion group. During discussion, I seldom give my opinion and sometime it make my friend feel angry with me. But, I always try my best to give some opinion or judgment in my discussion group.

I like the drama activities in English classes because I felt funny when see my classmate practice. Wow, we class got 1st prize in drama competition. I don’t like writing in English classes. May be I poor in writing part, so I not confident to write a good essay.
Finally, I would like to say thank you to Madam Michi and all my classmate. Thanks a lot.

0 comments: