LENSA dan dOt Dot doT

Lensa adalah jiwa ku......

Jun 22, 2007

Assignment 2

Posted by Mardhia Jahari

Task 1

I have done my online listening and writing on Prof. David Crystal’s website. I got a lot of information when I was finished to explore the website. I have chosen one topic on the website to listen and understand the whole topic is about. The topic is about ‘Get a Life’. I was found some new words when I listen and read the typescripts such as derogatory, jocular, workaholic, and usage. In my opinion based on my listening experience, it was so bad on the beginning. I can’t to understand what the Prof. David Crystal is talking about for the first time I listen him. But, I do more understand when I listen and read the typescripts at the same time. I do it for several times and this is better than before. Actually, ‘Get a Life’ is a new word from ‘life’. This word for those who feel their life is empty and alone or anybody who obsessed for something. And then, the word became all sorts of usages around radio, television, novels and short stories. That is all about the topic.

0 comments: