LENSA dan dOt Dot doT

Lensa adalah jiwa ku......

Jun 23, 2007

ASSIGMENT 1

Posted by zuraidah



My achievements in learning English




Foundation English is one of my favorite subject. Before I joint this class, I excited to learn more detail about English. In fact, I could not understand very well. But I have some objective when I studied English. The main is hopefully I can write and speak English fluently in variety of situation such as in meeting, club, project presentation and of course for my study in Biology. I think I want to further study as Entomologist. Meanwhile, I want going to abroad with my family. That's why I must study hard for English, because it's very interesting not for me only but to us. In class, Madam Michi always remember all student about this. Since I in the class, my skill and performance as a below:
  1. reading: I can read very well but sometimes not easy to interpret the meaning. I often find out in dictionary which word I don't understand. For example, Princess Diana book. At first reading, I just know a little because the arrangement not follow the chronology and use some palace words.
  2. writing: I can't write very well. It's too difficult to me to arrange some word to make story. But now, I feel more confident to write anything than before. I think this is because I always write down an article in "blog".
  3. listening: I can't catch up if the sound too fast and use some word which I never listen before. I always refer dictionary and listen for second time. After that I will understand.
  4. speaking: I can speak English but not fluently. I felt I knew but at the same time it's to difficult to speak. But everyday I try speak English with my friend. Although I don't know whether it's true or not but I still speak. So, I felt more confident later.
  5. vocabulary: Everyday I do Longman Interactive exercise, so my vocabulary seems good not before.
  6. making presentations: When I presented I felt not confident. If I forgot one word, I will read and see the article thoroughly.
  7. participating discussions: It's good exercise where I can ask my friend which part I don't understand. Like class drama, it's not just give improvement in our English but it's close linkage to us.
I like to do speaking English with all my friend in whatever situation but I don't like to waste time with chit chat in Malay. Because this is a time to corrective our English.Thank you!

0 comments: